I had some involvement serving as an area rep with the APA in the early
1990's. Things have not changed much. People are unhappy with the amount
of dues, they are unhappy with the MEA affiliation, they are unhappy
with the APA leadership. What hasn't changed is the fact that too few
members are willing to invest any time in improving or changing things
they are unhappy with.

There was a lot of "water-cooler" grousing going on back then, but
nothing changes at the water-cooler. Likewise, I wonder if anything can
change at this modern water-cooler: the MSUNAG list. I believe that the
APA has a listserve as well, which might be a more appropriate location
for extended discussions on this (non-technology) topic. Or the anti-MEA
web site, although I'm not sure if it has discussion forums.

My apologies if this repeats comments made by others. I have not been
able to do more than spot-check this thread here. From my experience,
people must bring their issues and their willingness to commit time to
work toward change to the APA itself before change will happen.

--
Gene Willacker, Security Administrator, H&FS Information Services
Michigan State University