At 10/7/2008 06:09 PM Tuesday, Cheryl A Akers wrote:
>I repeat, can he see the NAG archives if he's not a member?

Yes, fair question.  As I recall, I visited the archive long before I
joined the MSUNAG list, with no problem, and I believe my 15 year old
nephew recently found some of my MSUNAG posts once when he Googled me
(shout out to Alexander for the next time he Googles!).

But I like to check the facts, so here is what I did, just for
you.  I exited my browser (Firefox) and restarted it just to close
any open logins.  I already lost the link to the archive, so I went
to www.msu.edu, and used Search MSU with the term "MSUNAG".  I
clicked on the top hit ("MSU Network Administrators Group (MSUNAG)"),
and from there clicked on the link labeled "MSUNAG list
archives".  From there I clicked on "October 2008", and from that
page got all the way to your very post which asked this question!  At
no time did it request a login.  So based on that evidence, yes, I
suspect that our APA chair/president *can* see the MSUNAG archives if
he's not a member.

I hope that answers your question.  But then I am just a lowly
Systems Designer, not a real IT expert, so what would I know?

-- dkm