For the record, here is the request that I just put to our APA President.

Subject:  Comparison table of union dues

Maury,

I don't know if you have tuned in to the discussion about APA dues on
the MSUNAG mailing list.  Throughout this discussion, I have
requested one little thing in order to give me some perspective.  I
just want to see a table that lists *all* the bargaining units on
campus, along with what the monthly dues would be for an imagined
member earning, say, $50,000/year (even if no one in fact earns that
much).  I would not mind if it also came with explanatory footnotes,
as I suspect such a table may not represent the true complexity of
matters, but I insist on this as a start to my thinking.

Now folks on the MSUNAG list seem to think that if I want such a
table then I should do the research and prepare it myself.  I beg to
differ.  I am not yet a partisan in this matter, so this is not my
job.  Rather, I am still the proverbial "undecided" member whom
others wish to recruit to their view.  And if these partisans want to
recruit me, then it is *their* job to provide the needed facts in a
form suitable to *me*.  Until then I suspect the partisans to be more
driven by ideology than fact, and I remain firmly on the
sidelines.  (Or perhaps that is where they all prefer me to stay?)

Anyway, it might be appropriate for an APA staff member or officer to
compile the figures I need here.  Any chance that you could provide any help?

Thanks,
-- dkm