Don,

>Just for comparison, here is the official language from the CT contract.
>
>Dues
>Section 4. The monthly membership dues shall be based on a proportion of
>the yearly income which approximates .00096 of salary, .00072 of which
>will be added to the general operating budget and .00024 of which will
>be placed in a contingency fund. The contingency fund, and such interest
>derived there from, shall be used only upon a vote of the membership.
>(.00096 x 2080 hours = approximately two hours per month for full-time
>employees.)

Gosh, thanks, this is good.  Now I need to translate that into an
example monthly amount for an imagined CT making, say, $50,000/yr.

In fact, what I really need is an exhaustive table showing each
bargaining unit on campus and what a member making, say, $50,000/year
would pay each month in union dues.  Only then would I feel ready to
think about this.  But I suppose that is a lot to ask for.

Thanks to all,
-- dkm