I am curious as to whether anyone else on campus has experience with or are using some enterprise-level digital asset management (DAM) solution.

At our College we are having to deal with an exponentionally increasing amount of multimedia data (pictures, videos, audio, pdf, etc).  Actual space isn't really an issue as much as managing all this data is.  Some of our users end up having two or more copies of the same file in multiple locations others end up using extremely complicated directory structures to arrange their files.  Some of the features that would be nice:

- web-based
- upload once, but allow multiple resolution downloads
- straight-forward metadata tagging
- connectivity to major photo editing software like adobe
- ldap/ad/edirectory connectivity
- connectivity to CMS systems (Plone)
- extensible search/indexing features

A couple of solutions I have run across are Cumulus (http://www.canto.com/products/) and ResourceSpace (http://www.montala.net/resourcespace.php).