Hi!

This isn't really an attack against a blog or blog type per se, it's a
directory transversal or Local File Inclusion type attack to get access to
files that one normally wouldn't have access to, such as the '/etc/passwd'
file in this case.

You'd use some of the same code to issue commands to a server and all kinds
of other 'fun' things.

As to the types of attacks I see the most, it's usually folks looking for
Proxies or people looking for database access through phpmyadmin.

:)
Missy