I won't bore the entire list by requoting the diatribe.

I can only add that Dude you really need to cut back on the caffine.  It
sounds like that large international consulting job is really stressing you
out.  At least this is a digital conversation so no trees are being harmed
in this exchange.

On a more serious note, I am looking forward to the new mail
interface.  The folks in ATS and LCT have held multiple public forums on
this issue.  IT people with very diverse needs from throughout the
institution participated in several specialized digital discussion lists
for many months to kick around the strengths and weaknesses of the proposed
solutions.  I feel that extreme due diligence has been done on this project
to meet the greatest needs with a cost effective solution that also
preserves the integrity of sensitive institutional data.

A tip of the hat to all involved!

/rk
a unionized tree hugger, but a couple years too young to truly be a hippie