I wonder if anyone has any thoughts on a problem we experienced yesterday.

Mail sent from the Governor's office never arrived.  Um, yes, that's a little bit of a big deal....

And, as I write, another user informs me that a sender at the Michigan Public Service Commission got a nondeliverable bouncer from her mail server when she tried to mail here.  I might be wrong, but I don't think the Gov.'s office got anything back at all.

My mail server is running GroupWise 7.0.3. Logs show that quite a few other items from michigan.gov were received here yesterday, so it's not a matter of not accepting mail from that domain or anything.  Nor was any of it trapped in our spam filter.

Is it possible that the issue with the IPS yesterday afternoon stopped some mail at the campus border?  It's hard to diagnose a non-delivery situation when nothing appears in my logs.  I can provide relevant addresses/ip numbers if that would help turn up an event in another system log on campus.

If you have other suggestions, I'd love to hear them.  Thanks.
--

Kim Geiger
Information Technologist