From: MSU Network Administrators Group [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On
Behalf Of Richard Wiggins
Sent: Monday, June 09, 2008 10:03 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: [MSUNAG] off topic - car-pooling at MSU

Anybody remember the venerable Ride Board in the basement of the Union?
(I think it's still there.)

This might be an excellent use of forums.msu.edu.  Create a Carpooling
forum and people could meet up there.

/rich

PS -- saw a great story about HOV carpooling in big cities.  People
stand in line and a lone driver pulls over and picks up the next person
in line.
There are rules -- no smoking, no talking on cell phones, don't start a
conversation unless the driver starts it.  Then the driver gets to use
the HOV lane and whiz by all the other cars with only one driver.