I'm working on a pC that has this malware.  It's one of those programs
that pop up a fake  antivirus dialog and try to scare the user into
either installing something, or buying something that they shouldn't.
Has anyone seen this particular variant before?  Nod32  isn't detecting
it at all.  I've seen similar trojans in the past, and I was able to
remove those using a little utility called SmitfraudFix.exe; However,
SmitfraudFix isn't  detecting this particular worm.  The issue is
further complicated by the fact that this machine is offsite, and I'm
trying to talk a user through fixing this over the phone.  I therefore
really want to stay away from solutions that require hand editing the
registry if at all possible.

Thanks,

 Al Puzzuoli

Michigan State University

Information Technologist
http://www.rcpd.msu.edu <http://www.rcpd.msu.edu/>

Resource Center for Persons with Disabilities

120 Bessey Hall East Lansing, MI  48824-1033

517-884-1915