I'm trying to shrink, and then repartition a machine running Vista
Enterprise.  The full capacity of the drive in question is 160 GB, and
over 100GB of drive space is currently available; However,  I've tried
using diskpart, as well as the gui disk management tool, and in both
cases, Vista will only let me shrink the primary partition by 38 gigs.
I've disabled system restore, which I understand also disables shadow
copies, but Vista is being stingy, and still only wants to relinquish 38
gigs.  Is there anything else I can do short of reinstalling the system
and initially partitioning the way I want?

Thanks,

Al