Troy,
I am gonna tell you what I did. I am the one who generated the initial
question on May 6th.
I paid my $10 and picked another netID.

I used to be castane6. Requested oscar. Now, any email for castane6 OR
oscar goes to my same mail.msu.edu mailbox.
I like it and find it very functional and convenient.

Troy Murray wrote:
> So how would one go about adding a different email address to their
> account?  What about a name change?
>
> -t
>

> On May 6, 2008, at 4:39 PM, Matt Kolb wrote:
>
>> On May 6, 2008, at 4:42 PM, Oscar Castaneda wrote:
>>
>>> List,
>>> Here is a question that I asked several times with folks at the help
>>> desk, but I haven't get a satisfactory answer:
>>> I never liked my castane6 user name and always wanted to change it
>>> to something else. So,
>>> when a user pays his/her $10 and gets a new MSU ID (hence a new
>>> email address), what happens to the old email address?
>>> 1. Disappears in limbo?
>>> 2. Gets forwarded to the new one?
>>> 3. The old one stays alive for a while and eventually dies?

--
Oscar Castaneda
Michigan State University