On Tuesday 24 June 2008 12:53:03 David McFarlane wrote:
> OK, a user just handed me a CD-R with sensitive data on it.  What is
> the University's recommendation for how to destroy it?  Thanks.

You can always shred it, but the far more entertaining way is to
stuff it in a microwave oven atop a short styrofoam cup, and nuke
it.

In less than 5 seconds it will spark and make an amazing if short
science-fiction looking shower of sparks.

The resultant "CD" is entirely crinkled and completely unreadable.

Shreding is more practical, but definitely loses in the fun department.

--STeve Andre'
Political Science