As a former journalism student, I have to agree with the old adage that
large corporations seem to follow, "There's no such thing as bad news."

In Microsoft's defense (yes, I'm a Unix admin defending Microsoft :-)
this is in a completely different area of business than Operating
Systems.  Sure, its the same parent company, but its really Microsoft
Apples vs. Microsoft Oranges.  Search engines just taste different.

Just my two cents... I don't think its going to bother them too much.
./brm