Hi all,

I recently purchased media and 2xlicenses for Windows Server 2008 Standard
and installed on two computers, and while the setup process went just fine
the activation process seems to be stuck.  Several days after install both
servers are telling me they can't find a Key Management Services host
published in the DNS, which means they can't activate.  I'm only a small fry
so I don't really know what that's about; does MSU operate its own KMS?  If
so/if not, does anyone have suggestions about what to do next?

A bit more info that could be relevant; for security reasons, at the moment
both servers are behind a router instead of sitting right on the MSU
network.  I could put them on the network I guess, but wanted to get them
all settled and ready before that point.  One of them I'd want to keep
behind the router for good in any case, as it's the development server for
the project and doesn't need to have a full Internet presence.

-Orion

|Orion A Smith, REACH Technology Coordinator|

|457 Erickson Hall, MSU (517)432-4022|