I'm sorry for the short notice, but every time I've started to send this
out, I've gotten pulled away for something else and by the time I've done
that (and the other things that came up during it), it's slipped my mind;
you know how it goes, I'm sure...

Anyway, this Thursday, there will be a vendor presentation (with lunch
provided) at 12:30 pm in 1400 Biomedical-Physical Sci Bldg.  The vendor
is iSysTek.  They plan to cover two main topics (about 45 min. each):

(1) Storage Virtualization (with some linkage to the topic of Server
    Virtualization and how the two fit together); and

(2) WAN Optimization.

Of course, they will be using the products they represent as examples,
and trying to convince us they're the best, but in past presentations
they've done a pretty good job of balancing the informational content
with the promotional content of their talks.  They plan to have a demo
unit of an IP-based SAN to show off and answer questions about, and some
sort of demo of WAN optimization for delivering network applications.

So that we can get a rough count of the number of lunches the vendor
needs to arrange for, if you think you may come to the presentation,
please send an E-mail message to [log in to unmask] by 6 pm
Wednesday, but if you don't, you are still welcome to come - the vendor
plans to buy some number of extra lunches anyway for last minute deciders.

Again, I apologize for the short notice, but maybe the free lunch will
make up for it :-)

George J Perkins                  http://www.pa.msu.edu/people/perkins/
1209B BPS Bldg, MSU               Phone: 517-884-5467
East Lansing, MI  48824-2320        FAX: 517-353-4500