From: MSU Network Administrators Group [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On
Behalf Of Stephan Andre'
Sent: Wednesday, April 23, 2008 2:48 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: [MSUNAG] How do you keep an open PC working in a classroom?

   I have a Dell in a lecturn, which can be displayed on an overhead
projector.

   My problem is folks often don't know how to use it, and wind up
twiddling with things, messing the config of the machine up such that
others can't use it to project onto the screen.

   Now, part of the problem may well be hardware.  It's an older Dell
with an early ATI dual-head video card and I'm fairly sure that it
looses its little mind from time to time, and shuts the 2nd head off,
making for a merry time getting it back again.

   So,  in the  case of a machine thats physically out there, what
things do you do to make it "just work" for people?

Thanks!

--STeve Andre'
Political Science