We have a particular security group in active Directory which has
recently begun receiving inordinate amounts of spam.  In order to combat
this, under exchange general properties for the group, I  checked the
authenticated users only box, but this seems not to have restricted any
incoming messages at all.   Just now, I set it to only allow messages
from a specific list of senders.  We'll see if that has any impact.  I'm
confused though as to why the authenticated users setting didn't seem to
do anything.

Thanks for any thoughts,

Al Puzzuoli

Michigan State University

Information Technologist  <http://www.rcpd.msu.edu/>
http://www.rcpd.msu.edu

Resource Center for Persons with Disabilities 120 Bessey Hall East
Lansing, MI 48824-1033

517-884-1915