Fwd from AIS. We're getting peppered with these right now. In case the inline image gets stripped out, this phishing e-mail uses a banner from the Microsoft Update site, followed by the text "URGENT: Please intall critical Windows XP/2000/2003/Vista update!" in a large-sized, gray Tahoma font. Below that is a button control labeled "Urgent install", followed by the text "Get critical update (obligatory)" in Times New Roman. Finally, below that, also in Times New Roman, is the text, "Concerned about privacy? When you check for updates, basic information about your computer, not you, is used to determine which updates your programs need. To learn more, see our privacy statement. "

The headers and the actual message are appended below.

Best,

Tony

Tony Farrell

Systems Analyst
Student Academic Record Systems Team,
Administrative Information Services
Michigan State University
517.353.4420 x302

Here are the headers:

Microsoft Mail Internet Headers Version 2.0