It gives a command you  can run to test your configuration.

**************
         Messages Of The Day

         Message 1 of 1
         Date: 2008/02/29
         Title: Attention all Sun Connection Hosted users
Connection En
terprise (UCE) are not affected
by this EOL announcement, but should continue to read on to determine
if their s
ystems are
enabled for hosted management.

Sun Connection Hosted Customers:  On March 1, 2008,
https://sunconnection.sun.co
m/ will
reach End of Service Life.  You will still be able to receive updates
via Sun Up
date Manager,
smpatch and UCE.  We suggest that you check your systems to ensure the
Sun Conne
ction Hosted
transport mechanism is disabled.

To see if your system has been enabled for hosted management, check
the value of
  your system
by using the following command:
      /usr/lib/cc-ccr/bin/ccr -g cns.service.swupPortalMgmt.status
This command will return a value of "disabled", "enabled", or "". If
the value i
s "disabled"
or "", thank you for checking, no further action is required.  If
"enabled", ple
ase take
action by performing one of the following steps:

You can disable the transport mechanism from Update Manager to Sun
Connection ho
sted by
applying the  patch 121081-08 (sparc)  or 121082-08 (x86) which will
be availabl
e on Feb.
29, 2008.   If you want more control, you can also disconnect your
system from S
un
Connection Hosted and shutdown the associated daemons on your
system(s) via eith
er one of
these two options.

1) From the Hosted Management Portal
[Note: This option will not be available once Sun Connection Hosted
has been shu
tdown.]
  a) Go to https://updates.sun.com/ and login to the Hosted management
site with
your Sun
     Online Account.
  b) Select the Systems tab
  c) For each system listed, click the Edit System Settings icon
(second icon to
the right
     of the system name)
  d) Scroll to the bottom of the Edit Your System Settings page and
click the Del
ete System
     button
  e) When asked for confirmation click Continue

This option will unregister your systems from the Portal and send a
job down to
your system
telling it to disable the portal management functionality.

2) Disable Hosted Management functionality from the client
  a) From a terminal window on the target client system,  su to root
  b) Execute the following command to shutdown the local Hosted daemons:
# /usr/lib/cc-cfw/framework/lib/cc-client-adm stop
  c) Execute the following command to prevent the daemons from being
restarted at
  system boot
# /usr/lib/cc-cfw/framework/lib/cc-client-adm disable

Once complete, either option will disassociate your client system with
Sun Connection Hosted.

Steve Devine
Email & Storage
Academic Computing & Network Services
Michigan State University

313 Computer Center
East Lansing, MI 48824-1042
1-517-432-7327

Baseball is ninety percent mental; the other half is physical.
- Yogi Berra