Ray,

Good morning.  I am well aware of which version of "web client" that you are using as I was the person who installed it on the server.  The "web client" is not the same as the GroupWise client.

As I understand it, GroupWise 8 supports the features you are talking about.  You should see these features on your desktop by the end of the year, if not before.

>  am merely trying to point out that it isn't all wine and  roses.

What solution is?  It is a matter of looking at what is available, reviewing all of the features each solution possesses, and choosing the best at the time.

...John

>>> Ray Hernandez <[log in to unmask]> 2/28/2008 7:11 AM >>>
John,

In all fairness, I don't think you read my email fully. I _am_ using
the GW 7 web client. That is the latest client available to me, and
as far as I can tell the latest version your dept has rolled out.
While iCal support is nice, it is not CalDav. From my perspective,
iCal is a file format spec and CalDav is a server protocol. GW does
not seem to support CalDav, until maybe version 8 or 9.

This is where I am locked into using the GW client. I can't use any
other client to alter/view my GW calendar. I can use the GW web
client to do so, but I prefer using something else. The argument that
it is going to have X feature "in the next version" doesn't really
help me today. If every user on campus started holding their breath
for things to be fixed/added in the next version of any software,
we'd start having a lot of people passing out at their desks.

I'm not trying to knock GW at all, I think it is a great piece of
software. I am merely trying to point out that it isn't all wine and
roses.
--Ray