I have had to do research on that last year and found out that my hands down favorite surf control was bought by Websense a product we use here in AIS.

I have found many products prior to being employed here at MSU and I have found one product that was as impressive as anything I have used and seen to date as far as a separate appliance.  It is called IPRISM by St. Bernard.

There are four units to choose from and they are rack mountable from 2u to a mini 1u, We get very good pricing since we are education and I would like to point out that it is very configurable for your filtering and monitoring.  Here is my contacts email if you want to get more specific information.

Donal Pugh [[log in to unmask]]

Otherwise that a solution that you could implement would be a small server that has ISA 2004 or newer installed and you can have all the benefits and controls you need to keep your network healthy.

http://www.microsoft.com/isaserver/prodinfo/previousversions/solutions/branch.mspx

have a good day.