Keep in mind that running the resolution at anything other
than the native resolution of 1420x1024 (wide-aspect) will
result in pixel blending and fuzzy images.  Some displays
will handle this better than others.  Also, if you "stretch"
the display, everything will display with a wide distortion
to it just like SDTV 4:3 on a 16:9 display.  For your intended
use, that may not be an issue.

-Russell