From: Doug Nelson [mailto:[log in to unmask]]
Sent: Monday, February 11, 2008 5:12 PM
To: Laurence Bates
Cc: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: [MSUNAG] HP Jetdirect printers disconnecting

On Mon, Feb 11, 2008 at 01:02:07PM -0500, Laurence Bates wrote:

> We are seeing a lot of HP Jetdirect printers disconnecting from the
network
> today.  It started this morning and many printers will only operate for a
> few minutes before they disconnect.  Is anyone else seeing this?  Any
ideas?

Laurence,

Take a look at the network interface graphs for your building.  It looks
like
something within the building network is generating a broadcast storm.  The
broadcast traffic graphs show a constant broadcast rate averaging over 6,000
packets/sec since Friday noon.

Doug

--

Doug Nelson, Network Manager		 |  [log in to unmask]
Academic Computing and Network Services	 |  Ph: (517) 353-2980