To all current subscribers to the MSU Network Administrator's Group
mailing list:

First, my thanks to everyone who attended the MSUNAG meeting in
January.  During that meeting, a question arose that we need more
feedback to answer.  With the creation of the MSU IT Exchanges each
month, and the MSU IT Conference each semester, how important is it to
you to have regular MSUNAG meetings? If MSUNAG should continue having
regular meetings, how often would you like to see them on the calendar?
Would scheduling the MSUNAG meeting the week after an MSU IT Exchange be
a good opportunity to meet and discuss items raised at the previous
Exchange?  Everyone's time is at a premium, so it is important that
MSUNAG remains useful to its members, and provide enough opportunity for
meaningful discussions to take place. Post your answers to the list,
please, so everyone can benefit from the discussion.

George Perkins from Physics/Astronomy has done a great job in the past
of securing a large room in Biomed/Physical Science building for our
meetings.  Unfortunately, he has indicated that while he is willing to
schedule a meeting place at BPS for MSUNAG, he doesn't always have the
time to poll the list for meeting topics or set up speakers on items of
interest.  For that, he and I are asking for your help.  If you have a
topic of interest you'd like to discuss at a future MSUNAG meeting,
please post your idea to the list.  If you'd be willing to lead a
discussion of an item, or bring in a knowledgeable speaker for a
presentation, let George and I know.

Many years ago, MSUNAG was created in part to foster discussion between
campus network administrators independent of the official channels of
central campus network administration. The mailing list continues to
serve that purpose, but we need the assistance of list members if you
want regular meetings beyond the list discussions.  As always, my thanks
in advance for any assistance you are able to provide, and my thanks to
everyone who has helped me answer questions thru the MSUNAG list.

John A. Resotko
Head of Systems Administration
Michigan State University College of Law
email: [log in to unmask]
Phone: 517-432-6836