Sent: Friday, January 11, 2008 8:55 AM
Subject: Wireless laptops picking up local radio stations?

Hello all,

About three years ago, we heard feint music & voices from the closest in
our
work room.  To our astonishment, the music was coming from our Cisco
wireless access point and seemed to be a radio station of some sort.  We
had
no explanation but thought it  interesting, especially since the AP does
not
have an internal speaker to reproduce any sound.

Two days ago, a teacher brought in a Dell D630 laptop with was playing
jazz
feintly through the speakers at the Windows desktop.  There was no music
software running at the time, as I checked the task & process list.  The
jazz was quite nice, though.

And then today, another teacher showed me his HP Tablet PC.  It was at
the
login screen playing some kind of easy listening music.  Since it was at
the
login screen, no software could have been loaded at this point, unless
it
was a service of some sort.

These instances aren't really problems per se, but they are extremely
interesting.  Do wireless antennae pick up radio signals and somehow
amplify
them?  Has anyone experienced anything like this?  Or perhaps we are
experiencing the first stages of paranormal activity at Wayne College.
:)

Thanks!
Tom