Legacy does not work well with any new operating system, especially
discontinued models or companies that have been sold and restructured
several times. As for office, if people could find the time to learn
about something with betas or trials and any accompanying literature the
"shock" or "this sucks" factor would be reduced immensely.  Don't have
time to learn new things, but your customer is twisting your arm to keep
up? Well that is business and progression. We are professionals and can
handle anything that comes at us together.

Be aware of your resources and allies who can help you and your dept get
through the always hard to work with initial phase, we are a strong as a
IT community, and in my department A.I.S. we have a team called M.E.S
that offers training on office 2007.

Finally ending on my initial point, if you have older equipment 8 bit
software that is not supported anymore or provided by a company  that is
long gone, it is time to consider modernizing your current framework to
a more robust and compatible base.  It is that simple.

I would rather hear on this list, what you had that didn't work and what
your change was to make it work, or I would love to hear about something
unique that your group found out how to do that could be applied on this
campus.  Not rants.

Timo

           Timoteo "Timo" Vasquez - AIS

     Departmental Systems and Services