Department: College of Veterinary Medicine

Office 2007: We are trying to get funding to move our 800+ PCs to use Office 2007, all currently still run Office 2000 (yeah I know it's ancient)

Vista: No plans to deploy this OS as it currently is and probably not even when SP1 comes out (which so far seems to be a complete flop).  This is because of many reasons, but the big ones are: hardware compatibility, no extremely pertinent new features,  XP runs at blazing speeds compared to Vista on any hardware.  We expect to see even large speed increases with XP over Vista once SP3 becomes available for Windows XP in early 2008.  My Laptop is currently running Vista (mainly to help me become familiar with the innards of it) but will be going back to XP when SP3 comes out.
--

Stephen Bogdanski
Network Support