The following message will be sent to the Deans, Directors and Chairs list tomorrow.

For the past two years, Academic Computing and Network Services (ACNS) has been upgrading the electrical systems in the Computer Center datacenter. We are now in the midst of a two-year project to perform physical renovations. Updating the infrastructure of the ACNS datacenter is necessary to ensure the continued performance and reliability of MSU's information technology.

Renovations to the datacenter require equipment to be physically moved. As equipment is moved over the next few weeks, a number of computing services will experience temporary interruptions. For a complete list of the services affected please see http://techbase.msu.edu/viewpathfinder.asp?id=9430

We have made every effort to schedule these moves during times which should be the least disruptive to students, faculty, and staff.

Please pass this information on to staff in your unit. Thank you for your understanding and patience.

Tom Davis, Director

Academic Computing and Network Services

Katherine Ball
Communications Manager