We recently added a new Exchange Server (2003) to our Exchange 2003 organization.  Our Internet Mail Connector is still on our original mail server and we added the new server as a bridgehead server to this Internet Mail Connector.  The users that have mailboxes hosted on the new Exchange server can send e-mail outbound to the internet without trouble with the exception of two domains so far.  They are aol.com and Comcast.net.

It appears from headers that I have looked at that the accounts being hosted on the new e-mail server are going directly out to the internet from the new box with SMTP and not going through the Internet Mail Connector on our original mail server.  I had thought that all internet bound (outbound) e-mail would route through the IMC on the original mail server, but I was incorrect.

For those mailboxes that are still on the original Exchange server, e-mailing aol.com and Comcast.net isn’t an issue.

Any thoughts or advice?

Thanks,

Javier Ornelas

MSU Health Information Technology