(previously submitted question with updates, reformatting, and a subject
line)

I would like to have the option of enabling Spam processing on my
mail.msu.edu mail without having ***SPAM*** put in subject lines.  And I
would like to have a solution that non-technical users can implement.
The objective is to take advantage of the headers inserted by Spam
Assassin using a workstation email client without having to login to
Webmail to check for non-spam messages in the SPAM folder.  I don't want
my subject lines modified, and I don't want to maintain a Trusted
Senders list in Webmail.  I do want my client side address book to be my
trusted senders list to compare against messages marked as Spam by
SpamAssassin.

Does anyone know of a way to enable the Malmail Setting "Move to SPAM
folder" and have the Spam automatically put in the Inbox instead?  I
tried a filter for "X-SPAM-LEVEL starts with *****", but it does not
move messages to the Inbox.

Or does anyone know of a way to retrieve mail from the SPAM folder using
POP3 (we have an Imail server which allows us to use a special
username-mailbox syntax to retrieve mail from a folder other than Inbox).

Or do you have a better suggestion?   Note that the parameters of the
solution are that it be "within the mail.msu.edu system", and that it
uses POP3.  An IMAP solution will not give me what I want.  A solution
that involves telnet or ftp will be too complicated.

Thanks,
-Stefan