From: MSU Network Administrators Group [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Ehren Benson
Sent: Tuesday, October 16, 2007 2:53 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: [MSUNAG] Windows server performance logging/graphing

Windows Gurus:

I know you can use performance counters in windows server to log performance data to csv, text files etc, (which are great…if you have the time to pull the data out yourself…graph it in excel yourself…etc….not)  however I have been looking for a long time for a application that will collect this data and also create graphs over specified intervals automatically…either set or custom.  I am trialing system center operations manager at the moment to see if that will do what I want (if anyone uses SSOM for that let me know what you think of it).

George uses a custom programmed thing to make similar graphs for some of our linux systems that show 1 min avg, 5 min avg cpu usage over x timeframe, that’s sort of what im looking for…only for windows.

Anyone know of any freebees or other nifty software products that do such a thing?

Ehren J. Benson, MCSE

Windows Systems Administrator

Department of Physics and Astronomy

Michigan State University