Tom, et al,

To be exactly clear, its really connections that are hitting the
greylist box, more so than messages.  The number of connections varies
day by day of course.  Just now I looked at a several log files and I'd
say the average is between 2,500,000 and 3,000,000 connection attempts
per day.

For today, there are approximately 193,000 entries marked GREY.  That's
a somewhat fair statistic of how many people are seeing the 451
message.  I cannot tell you matter-of-factly how many of those will
become trusted hosts.  I cannot tell you how many folks will fail the
process either.

Your last question is answered by those graphs provided, but I agree it
is difficult to tell.  You'd have to add together estimates over a
period of time.  It seems like we had some specific statistics on that
somewhere else, but I cannot remember where right now, sorry.

./brm