On Wednesday 24 October 2007 13:40:20 Brian Martinez wrote:
> All,
>
> I would like to point to my original in-depth thread on the matter of
> greylisting:
>
> http://list.msu.edu/cgi-bin/wa?A2=ind0704&L=MSUNAG&P=R995&I=-3
>
> Furthermore, I would like to go even more in-depth and touch upon
> several things to make sure we are all on the same page about this.
> There are going to be lots of numbers, so please read closely:
[snip]

Thank you Brian.  That was very useful to know; it does seem that the
greylisting has worked pretty well.  There are days when I've gotten
as little as 10 spams in my spambox, and other days when 150+ come
in.  Still, thats a reduction which is quite good.

I'm more concerned with some of the "real" emails that show up in
the spam box lately.  I've had some very few mails from humans that
have would up there, but a lot of system generated emails, and a lot
of different mailing list emails, too.  What puzzles me is that I'll get
daily system-status (generated by OpenBSD) in my inbox one day
and the spam box the next.

I think the proper thing to do is to put the domain names of all such
emails in the trusted addresses list, but I see that there is a limit
there of 512 entries, which I think I can hit before too long.

--STeve Andre'
Political Science