I remember this issue being brought up before, specifically with account
numbers.  As it turns out, with blurred images with a finite set of
possibilities (i.e. obscuring numbers rather than an image), its not too
awful hard to determine the obfuscated numbers.  This link describes a
method for doing just that, specifically for images delivered digitally.

http://dheera.net/projects/blur.php

--
Brian Adams
Technical Director