I've heard that perspective before. It's an interesting mind set, but there
are solutions. For example;

1. Those individuals don't use the base Outlook calendar for the information
they don't want anyone to see.
2. Modify the permissions for that user object to block the free\busy data
lookup.

 -Tony

At 12:51 PM 10/15/2007, Troy Murray wrote:

>Tom,
>
>I routinely have to setup a meeting with different individuals all over campus, including booking the room to use or any resources, yet not everyone uses Exchange so there is a flurry of e-mail back and forth since everyone uses something different.  If I was able to go to a calendar, create a meeting request, like Exchange does, punch in a date and time and the people to invite and at least see their free/busy time as well as a room on campus, that would be a huge time saver.

I have the sense from talking to a number of people about this that a)
administrators of all kinds (academic and non-academic) would like such a
system, and b) professors would not be willing to make that information
available and would resist.   Some techie types would also fall in category
b, but I don't have information to generalize about them. It has been a
while since I last asked, so maybe attitudes have changed.

John Gorentz