From: MSU Network Administrators Group [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On
Behalf Of Stephan Andre'
Sent: Thursday, September 27, 2007 12:04 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: [MSUNAG] Solder / Desolder tools

On Thursday 27 September 2007 11:12:13 Michael S. Surato wrote:
> This would not happen to be a repair for bad capicitors on GX 270s
> would it? If so, Dell has extended their warranty on these systems
once again.

Oh? Do tell!  As I understood it, the agreement was 'till Janurary 30th
2008.  Is that incorrect?

As an aside, have people at MSU encountered that problem?  My spy inside
Dell said that about 9 - 11% of those machines developed problems
because of the capacitor debacle.  None of my 270ish seems have ever had
problems, but a friend who ordered several elsewhere had gobs of
problems.

--STeve Andre'
Political Science