The newest systems from Dell (GX 745 & XPS1330) are using only SATA drives. Backup and restore solutions such as Acronis and Windows Backup cant restore as they dont find a hard drive. Even older Windows XP install discs wont load as they cant see the hard drive. Before I start searching for a new solutions or version - has anyone else run into this, and what are you using now?

Sysprep & Ripprep are fine for fresh loads, but I like to make an image backup of laptops before doing much of anything to them when they need work.

Thanks

Don Bosman

Information Technologist

Libraries, Michigan State University