One company that doesn't seem to get much press but that I think has excellent products For Drive Backup and Restore, Drive Partition Management, and Enterprise Imaging are products by Paragon Software Group.

The also have technician licensing available where one technician can  run the software on an unlimited number of servers for the Enterprise versions of their software.

When we were migrating our 15 windows servers off their direct storage to our SAN, I purchased the technician license for the Enterprise version Partition Manager 8 software and was able to migrate all the servers over quickly.

They also have a product called Drive Backup 8.5 that is very close in feature set to the Acronis software product,  but at a much nicer price point, especially if you have a large number of servers and only a couple of technicians that will be responsible for backups and restores.

Worth checking out anyway.

- Al

http://www.drive-backup.com/enterprise/server/

===============================
Al Bray
Systems Analyst
University Services
Michigan State University
Phone: 517-355-0357 Ext. 161
Fax: 517-353-2024
email: [log in to unmask]

>>> Laurence Bates <[log in to unmask]> 9/5/2007 5:24 PM >>>
As far as I can see, the folk at Acronis are very intransigent about the
price of their software.  I havn't found any deals on the web and they want
$553 per server (Quantity 25) for educational institutions.  That's the
price of a fairly decent car.  I just can't see paying that much for disk
imaging software.

For what it's worth, they do a Home version that works with Windows 2003 but
they do not recommend it for that purpose.  I think that it might work for
simple servers but it cannot see more complex drive setups.

So I guess that I'm still looking, which is a pity.  Acronis could make so
much more if they charged a reasonable price per copy.  That certainly
worked for Microsoft...