The gist of this message is:

If you have Solaris 10 boxes, and they are OpenAFS clients, wait to
upgrade them to u4 until OpenAFS gets it's code base straight.

OpenAFS had relied on a private interface *SLAP* in the Solaris
kernel for some things, and that private interface changed.  One of
the guys from UMBC is working on what looks like a reasonable
solution, and I'd expect they'll roll another release of 1.4.x
shortly, but anyways, again, don't upgrade to u4 if you're running a
1.4.4 or older version of the OpenAFS client.

Here's the thread:
https://lists.openafs.org/pipermail/openafs-devel/2007-September/
015477.html

I'll follow-up on NAG after the OpenAFS guys resolve this issue.

./mk

--
Matt Kolb  <[log in to unmask]>
Academic Computing & Network Services