I have a 60 gb portable hard drive that I have recovered a lot of data off
of with the tools I have, there are a couple more folders the user needs and
the hard drive is now not accessable.  I am planning to send it off to a
data recovery firm.

Dell has 5 companies they recommend, two of them are below.

Does anybody out there have any experience with data recovery through:

Company                  Estimate
Ontrack                  $500 - $2250    $100 EVAL INCLUDES LIST OF FILES
                                                        Dell referral gets
free eval
Drivesavers              $1300--$1985

Are these prices in line with what the rest of you have paid?

Can you tell me of other dependable companies that have cleanroom and head
crash recovery capabilities?

Lee Duynslager