Ok, perhaps the bottom line here is whether Google should  be the
PRE-SELECTED vendor of choice, or whether we allow other entities to present
competing products. I personally favor aim.com.  It works great with my
Instant Messaging (which is a feature I think you will find that students
use as much as e-mail), and it allows me to get 5GB of free online storage
space on Xdrive.com, independent of my 2GB email space for storing and
sharing files - which far exceeds the storage space currently provided to
students.

Plus, while I do get some advertising in my webmail client, I get none in my
email since aim mail is one of the few services that allows me to forward my
webmail to my POP clients (Outlook and Thunderbird), so I can easily read
the messages without the clutter.

 -Paul