From: [log in to unmask] on behalf of Dennis Kelly
Sent: Thu 8/2/2007 5:11 PM
To: Ehren Benson
Cc: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: [MSUNAG] Anyone use ADMODIFY.NET?

If you're only concerned about home directories, you can use the
native Administrative Tool "Active Directory Users and Computers".
Select all the users you want to modify and
right-click "Properties".  You can go to the profile tab and click
"Home Directory" to
modify a property for multiple objects.  It does allow the use of %username%

Also, to avoid this problem in the future, you may want to investigate
the use of DFS... it's a very flexible way to mange, load-balance,
etc. your network shares.  I use domain DFS root so that I can
replicate the published links across both domain controllers for
additional reliability. You can then use notation like this for
mapping user directories:

\\domain.com\dfs\User\%username%

where \\domain.com\dfs is my dfs root.  The link "User" points to a
share \\some-server\User.  If some-server is replaced with
some-other-server, I only need to update the DFS link on one of the
domain controllers to point to \\some-other-server\User.

Boom it's replicated, and boom no headache of remappings.  I use this
for any/all network shares here in Jackson Hole. I can send you my
documentation on it if interested.

dpk