We have used the admodify tool for changing home directories.  Instead of %username%, use %’sAMAccountName’%.  This represents the “User Logon Name” in the Active Directory Schema.  You would enter the path as \\server\users\%’sAMAccountName’%\.

Joan Lindsay

Systems Department

MSU Main Library

From: MSU Network Administrators Group [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Ehren Benson
Sent: Thursday, August 02, 2007 11:39 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: [MSUNAG] Anyone use ADMODIFY.NET?

Nag-

I was wondering if any of you windows folks ever used the tool admodify.net to do mass AD changes.  I am trying to use it with a LDAP filter to find all users who currently have a home directory and then select all of those users and change the location of their home directory (we got a new box for home directories).  However it seems when I use the %USERNAME% it does not enumerate the variable…it just sets each users profile path to \\server\users\username (instead of replacing %username% with their actual username).

Wondering if anyone else has used it and possibly ran into this issue, or has had good luck with some other scripts/tools.

NOTE:  I decided to use admodify with the LDAP filter because I don’t want to change the path for EVERY user, because some do not have home directories, and those who do not have them I would like to remain that way.

Thanks

/Ehren