No we haven't, and there shouldn't be much of a performance hit or
overhead because DFS is only a pointer to the actual share, so the DFS
server doesn't handle/proxy the data traffic.  Once the client is told
the share resides on serverX, it goes straight to serverX for data.
It probably helps using domain DFS root, so requests are load
balanced, but that too should be negligable... I do domain DFS root to
have redundancy, because if a DC goes offline, I shouldn't lose any DC
services.

dpk