A friend and I were lamenting the lack of a local PHP users group and were debating the possibilities of starting one up.  Even if it were not an “official” group but just some friends getting together occasionally and talking about a shared interest I think it would be enjoyable and not without value.  My questions to you are:

  • Is there interest in such a thing?
  • What kind of topics would you like to see discussed?
  • Are you qualified, and willing, to speak on a certain topic or do you know someone who is?
  • How frequently would you want to meet?  Monthly?
  • Any other thoughts on the matter?

We haven’t yet gotten past the, “this would be a neat thing” point and would love to hear thoughts from others to gauge feasibility.

- P

---

Peter Cole

Information Technologist