Hi all,

Some of my users are experiencing major inconsistency when accessing a
mapped share over our VPN.  often, the mapped drive will show up as
empty, other times, it will only show cached items, and sometimes, it
actually works as expected and users can browse all of its content.
I've tried mapping the drive using both the netBios and FQDN.  In cases
where the mapping doesn't work, users get mixed results by opening the
drive by entering the UNC in the run box. Upon doing this, they
sometimes get a login dialog that asks them to authenticate with their
domain credentials.  If they get this dialog and authenticate with
FQDN\username, they then have access to the drive.

The problem is that none of this works consistently.  I'm guessing the
issue is  that the user isn't always authenticating to the domain but if
so, I'm not sure how to force this to happen.
If it matters, the client machines are running XP Pro SP2 and the VPN
client in question is Netscreen Remote version 8.7.

Thanks,

Al Puzzuoli
Information Technologist
Resource Center for Persons with Disabilities  517-353-9642 ext. 239 120
Bessey Hall East Lansing, MI  48824-1033
http://www.rcpd.msu.edu