From: MSU Network Administrators Group [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On
Behalf Of John Valenti
Sent: Tuesday, August 21, 2007 9:18 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: [MSUNAG] Departmental backup Internet connection?

Just curious if any departments or colleges have a backup Internet
connection?

I hadn't realized how tightly coupled my work is with full Internet
access. Lots of little minor things: windows updates on new laptop
setups, a dead server that needs Dell files for recovery, etc.  Could
do some things at Beaners/Gone Wired, but then I can't read my MSU
email.

Is it even possible to get a DSL connection on campus, or cable
modem?  I was thinking about a Sprint EVDO card that could be setup
in our conference room and shared among faculty/staff wirelessly.

========
This isn't to be taken as a criticism of ACNS or Merit. I'm sure they
are working very hard to solve this issue.

-John
LIR