From: MSU Network Administrators Group on behalf of Steve Bogdanski
Sent: Wed 8/1/2007 10:56 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: [MSUNAG] 3Com Educational Reseller

Hey everyone,
Our IT department is in the market to replace our aging 3Com Corebuilder 4700 switch.  We have pretty much settled on the 3Com Switch 7758 series with an 8-slot chassis.  Problem is I don't know where to go for a local/reliable vendor that would also hopefully have discounts for higher education.  The only price spec I can get for the configuration we currently want is to price out each component separately, which is obviously going to be more expensive.  So my question is whether any of you have purchased any 3Com products lately and if you know of a vendor that I should contact or avoid.

This switch is the main interconnect for our building network so it's got to be pretty hefty.  We have been leaning towards the 3Com product, because the current switch has done us good for many years.  If any of you have other alternatives that you would recommend, please feel free.  Thanks in advance.
--

Stephen Bogdanski
Network Support