A few other tidbits I picked up at the meeting:

1. MSU's long distance phone calls are routed over the Internet.  The
default path uses Merit, but it can be manually re-routed over an
AT&T connection. (someone at Telecomm re-routed things after an hour
of downtime this morning).

2. MSU is developing a remote hot site at Penn State. Currently in an
early stage of development, so there isn't a redundant network path
to it. Potentially the MSU web home page will be duplicated there
(eventually),

3. Merit had to send techs from Ann Arbor to Grand Rapids and
Kalamazoo to reboot hardware this morning (they had a good reason for
this). They will be installing remote power management hardware; also
trying to get some local people signed up for access to those fiber
rooms.

-John